The cold season has come: Autumn leaves are everywhere, and Halloween is just around the corner! Halloween is a night full of sweet memories and candies. It is a night of fun and good scares where people can dress up and enjoy festive gatherings to strengthen community ties.
Whether you are planning to go out or stay at home during this most-awaited holiday of the year, here are some ideas on how to make it an enjoyable night to remember.
#1 - The Mandatory: Trick or Treat
Halloween for kids will not be complete without the trick or treat tradition. It is why they dress up in costumes and look forward to the holiday. Before you allow your kids to go around the neighbourhood, make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Ensure that an adult always accompanies them.
- Remind them to only knock on the doors of the people they know.
- Reiterate that they should never enter a stranger’s house.
- Always have something reflective or glowing on their costume.
If you want your kids to be safe this Halloween, it is best to do the trick or treating within the house. They can ask for treats from every adult at home instead of going outside.
#2 - Carve Out Pumpkins
How do you make your place more Halloween-ready? Add some carved out pumpkins! What is great about this activity is that you can be creative and turn them into different designs. It is also an excellent bonding experience for the family. When carving out a pumpkin, here are important notes to remember:
- Carve out your pumpkins in a well-lit area.
- Carve the pattern on your pumpkin first before attempting to scoop the insides out. That way, you can avoid cutting yourself.
If you want your children to experience the pumpkin carving too, opt to buy polystyrene pumpkins. They come with plastic tools, so your kids can also enjoy the carving process with the family.
#3 - Host a Halloween Party
Make sure that your Halloween costumes will not be taken for granted on that special night. Host a spooky Halloween party to have a trouble-free and fun time. Invite close friends and family members, and make sure to stay safe.
When joining other people’s Halloween party, here are some friendly reminders:
- Bring a fully-charged mobile phone with you at all times.
- Always stay in a group. Never go off with a stranger.
- Drink alcohol within your limit.
#4 - Have a Bonfire Night
Make the night more magical by setting up a bonfire in your backyard. It is the safest way you can enjoy a grand spectacular sight without the need to go out. Keep your bonfire and home safe, though. Here are some tips to follow:
- Never build a fire close to your home, shed, fence, or trees to prevent it from spreading.
- Never use petrol or other flammable materials.
- Keep an eye on any fire and never leave it unattended.
- Always have a water source nearby to put out the fire when needed.
#5 - Enjoy Some Sparklers or Have a Fireworks Display
Make the bonfire more remarkable by adding beautiful, colourful lights to the party. Sparklers are fun to use, but they should always be used with proper caution.
- Wear gloves when using them.
- Supervise children playing with them. Make sure they hold their sparklers at arm’s length.
- Make sure you dispose of your sparklers properly.
- Always have a bucket of water ready.
Cap off the night with a fantastic fireworks display. Seeing a beautiful night performance is the best way to end a memorable night.
- If you buy your fireworks in advance, put them inside a metal box and store them in a cool and dry place.
- When lighting your fireworks, make sure that they are at a safe distance away from everyone and your home.
- Check the wind speed and direction before igniting your fireworks. Never ignite them when the wind is blowing towards your home.
- Have a bucket of water or a hose ready in case of an emergency.
- Keep all your pets indoors.
- Keep unused fireworks in a closed, metal container.
Halloween is a holiday everyone looks forward to every year, and there are many ways you can enjoy it, whether you are allowed to go out or want to stay at home. Consider the five suggestions here, and you will indeed have a memorable night to treasure.
If you need next-day fireworks, you can purchase them from Let’s Party Fireworks. We have over ten years of experience selling cheap fireworks online, perfect for any special occasion. We also offer free shipping for orders over £300! Secure your Halloween fireworks today.